[jboss-as7-dev] Datasource configuration screens

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Tue May 10 10:12:00 EDT 2011

It's certainly an interesting idea. We should file it in the "maybe some
day category".

We have to pick and choose carefully since we are so close to 7.0, and
7.1 is around the category. So if you guys have any that require big
massive changes, let's just file those as "open to community" JIRAs for
now, and revisit later. Simple changes are another matter.

On 5/9/11 4:06 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> Rick said:
>

> That looks nice. Hey, one idea-- have we considered putting more emphasis on convention and less on configuration? For instance, if we find an Oracle driver, maybe we could 'assume' the user wants
>
> In that way, just putting a driver in the path would give them datasources, eh?
>
> We could also do the same on the application side-- if we find only one datasource, that's the one they get! Or we could have them just choose the DB type.
>
> Food for thought-- convention over configuration is really a big part of simplicity, and devs like it....
>

> On May 6, 2011, at 4:26 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:
>

>> Everybody loves screenshots.
>> Here you go:
>>
>> http://relative-order.blogspot.com/2011/05/managing-jboss7-creating-datasources.html
>>
>> Ike