[jboss-as7-dev] Security Subsystem management use cases

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Fri May 13 06:17:06 EDT 2011

On May 12, 2011, at 7:56 PM, Marcus Moyses wrote:

> As Anil said the construct for the JSSE security domains is already included in AS7 and they are currently part of the <security-domain> element. As we already have an operation to add security domains I think we are covered for there.

Not sure if we are covered here. I can only tell that there is a security domain called "other" and that it's required.
But that's about it:

[domain at localhost:9999 /] /profile=default/subsystem=security:read-children-resources(child-type=security-domain, recursive=true)
{
    "outcome" => "success",
    "result" => [("other" => {"authentication" => [{
    "code" => "UsersRoles",
    "flag" => "required"
}]})],
    "compensating-operation" => undefined
}

I don't know all the nitty gritty details about the security subsystem and it management use cases.
But apart from listing the security domains, aren't there other use cases you can think of?
What about these:

- Creating new security domains? Possible? If so, how?
- Modifications to security domains? Does that make sense?
- [...]

Ike