[jboss-as7-dev] Deployment Terms

ssilvert at redhat.com ssilvert at redhat.com
Mon May 16 16:28:59 EDT 2011

I put together a list of 18 terms used to describe deployment and
deployment actions for AS7:
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS7DeploymentTerms

Sorry for the need to scroll.  "View as PDF" makes it look nicer.

I've tried to be a bit more strict about this than we've been in the
past.  Thus, terms like "deployment" and "deploy" are not so
overloaded.  All this is important because we need to have consistency
between the console, CLI, and documentation.

Also, consistent terminology will help people learn what is now a
rather complex, but powerful deployment environment.  The list itself
provides a bit of a tutorial on AS7 deployment.

Feedback is very welcome.

Stan