[jboss-as7-dev] Another ROOT.war issue

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Wed May 18 17:40:56 EDT 2011

On 5/18/11 4:28 PM, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 16:23 -0500, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>> What happens when a dependency and an anti-dependency collide? Is the
>> ServiceContainer annihilated?
>
> That sounds complex ;)
>
> Isn't it possible to query by service name in WarDeploymentProcessor,
> and remove the welcome service from the host we deploy to if it is
> present ?
>
> (custom solution obviously ;) )

You would have to register a listener and wait on it to be removed,
probably in another thread so that you dont block one of the MSC service
threads.

Then you would also need to, on undeploy kick off a thread to restart
the welcome service immediately after the context was removed.

Another option, that would be somewhat easier, is that we could modify
the service so that we can ask it to remove it's context, and restore it
on undeploy. The deployment would then have optional dep on the welcome
services for the vhosts it binds to.

Although the easiest would still be if MSC just did this for us.

--
Jason T. Greene