[jboss-as7-dev] SecurityAssociation, getCallerPrincipal() returns null

Christoph Gostner christoph.gostner at objectbay.com
Fri May 20 06:11:17 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm testing the authentication mechanism in JBoss AS 7.
I tried to access the caller principal (mainly to display the princiapl's
name).
But the Method SecurityAssociation.getCallerPrincipal() always returns null.

      if(!server)
         return principal;
where principal is null

I tested it with BasicAuthentication and JBoss Negotiation, in both cases
the caller principal is null. Compared to JBoss AS 5, the principal is set.

Could this be an error or is the method not implemented correctly (yet)?

Regards,
Christoph