[jboss-as7-dev] SecurityAssociation, getCallerPrincipal() returns null

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Fri May 20 09:40:24 EDT 2011

Hi Anil,
are you talking about org.jboss.security.SecurityAssociation? I'm using
that (can see it in PicketBox 4.0.0.Beta3) currently on AS7, most
probably my tests go through different usage and both set and get the
principal. Can you point me to some doc or share info on what's going to
be used instead of it?
Thanks
Alessio

On 05/20/2011 03:27 PM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>     SecurityAssociation class was deprecated in AS5/6.  It will be
> removed in AS7.
>
> Regards,
> Anil
>
> On 05/20/2011 05:11 AM, Christoph Gostner wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm testing the authentication mechanism in JBoss AS 7.
>> I tried to access the caller principal (mainly to display the
>> princiapl's name).
>> But the Method SecurityAssociation.getCallerPrincipal() always returns
>> null.
>>        if(!server)
>>           return principal;
>> where principal is null
>>
>> I tested it with BasicAuthentication and JBoss Negotiation, in both cases
>> the caller principal is null. Compared to JBoss AS 5, the principal is
>> set.
>>
>> Could this be an error or is the method not implemented correctly (yet)?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Christoph

Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss