[jboss-as7-dev] Creating the Module earlier in the deployment

Jason Greene jgreene at redhat.com
Sat May 21 10:32:49 EDT 2011

On May 20, 2011, at 11:37 PM, Stuart Douglas <stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does this seems like a good idea, or or there some drawbacks to this that I am missing?

A few things to consider:
1. We wanted to leave the door open for automatic Deps when you use EE injection via jndi name
2. We were going to introduce lazy services for everything that requires the module and later to better support OSGi, which delays module construction as ling as possible
3. One of the advantages of not using classloading until absolutely necessary is that errors in the early phases dont have to take the cost of reflection indexing and CL construction along with relevant cleanup. Granted, we don't usually worry about optimizing error paths!