[jboss-as7-dev] web subsystem - http connector configuration

Michal Linhard mlinhard at redhat.com
Mon May 23 06:28:35 EDT 2011

On 05/23/2011 11:24 AM, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> As I said in my previous email on the list, beta 3 is slow for its init,
> as was discovered by Andrig last month (and beta 4 is not out yet). It
> needs too much random if you're using the java.io connector and lots of
> threads. It could be the issue.
>
> Set the system property
> "org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.LOCAL_RANDOM" to "false" to test
> it. Or use the native connector (with lower thread usage, it will
> require less random data).
I'll try this out.
>> and anyway it seems that you should be able to specify executor for your
>> connector, I tried this and didn't work for me. Is this already
>> implemented ?
> Yes it is. But OTOH things change fast in AS 7, and beta 3 is old, so
> maybe it wasn't there yet. It does not work ?
in Beta3 it didn't. I created bounded-queue-thread-pool
name="http-connector", added attribute executor="http-connector" to the
connector and then tried to see if executor is injected and can be
accessed in WebConnectorService.start(). But it was null.

m.

--
Michal Linhard
Quality Assurance Engineer

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
Purkynova 99 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic
phone: +420 532 294 320 ext. 62320
mobile: +420 728 626 363