[jboss-as7-dev] De-typed robustness

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon May 23 10:02:23 EDT 2011

On 5/23/11 6:39 AM, Jason Greene wrote:

> On May 23, 2011, at 5:25 AM, Carlo de Wolf<cdewolf at redhat.com>  wrote:
>
>> We need more coverage on de-typed operations.
>> But maybe we can also tie the runtime to the descriptions, so that
>> invalid operations are caught. (A special mode of running?)
>>

> That was something Brian and I were discussing at JBW, using descriptions to validate. It will be tough to get that into 7.0 though (unfortunately).

Tough == impossible. But yeah, I'd like the core ModelController to be
able to validate the vast majority of ops (ideally all) before passing
them off to the operation handlers. The descriptions would be used for this.

This wouldn't be done during boot (for perf reasons); i.e. we'd assume
our parsers are generating valid ops.