[jboss-as7-dev] jca-short-running vs jca-long-running

Jesper Pedersen jesper.pedersen at jboss.org
Tue May 24 08:28:38 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 08:15:00 AM Francesco Marchioni wrote:
> Dear all,
> the previous discussion about the server's Thread Pool configuration raised
> one doubt:
> which kind of subsystem will use the jca-short-running and which one the
> jca-long-running in the AS final release ?
>
> (f.e. According to the docs HornetQ uses a general purpose thread pool is
> used for most asynchronous actions so I guess it will use
> one of the built-in jca pools).
>
> I'd be grateful if somebody could shed some light on it.

The thread pool configuration for each subsystem will move their subsystem.

We will probably switch the JCA configuration to only use one pool for both
short and long running Work instances. But you will of course be able to
override that.

Watch https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-390, and their subtasks.

Best regards,
 Jesper