[jboss-as7-dev] Secure HTTP API Endpoint

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Tue May 31 04:50:46 EDT 2011

Yes the sample posted was for a quick out of the box config, in addition
to that for the separation of configuration we do also have a properties
file based approach.

Both will support an obfuscated form of the password and once I have had
a chance to review the SASL mechanisms used in the Remoting integration
I will be looking to store these as pre-prepared hashes which if
compromised would only be useable for a specific user against a specific
security realm.  If a single user used the same password against
multiple realms then the hash would not be usable against the other realms.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.