[jboss-as7-dev] Request for review: AS7 management additions

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue May 31 17:10:04 EDT 2011

On 5/31/11 2:11 PM, David Bosschaert wrote:
> Thanks Brian!
>
>> This looks ok, except in the
>> OSGiSubsystemProviders.OSGI_MODULES_REMOVE
>> the operation name is set to ADD instead of the intended REMOVE.
>
> Well spotted (thanks!) and this actually brings me to my next question: where are these DescriptionProviders used? I see that it even provides i18n-capable descriptions but at least using jboss-admin.sh I couldn't figure out how to get this info out. Is there also a relation to any .xsd file out there that contains the same information?

The descriptions are accessible via the read-resource-description
operation, which is available by default on every resource.

http://fpaste.org/HOPF/ shows executing that against the deployment
scanner, both in its base form and with a couple params set.

Unfortunately, there's no tooling to generate this stuff from the xsd at
this point.