[jboss-as7-dev] Management ports not backed by socket-binding references?

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Tue Nov 1 02:44:39 EDT 2011

I just noticed that the management port(s) aren't backed by
socket-binding references:

<management-interfaces>
<native-interface interface="management" port="9999"/>
<http-interface interface="management" port="9990"/>
</management-interfaces>

Is this intentional? I kind of remember some discussion around this but
can't find any thread/JIRA for reference. I just ran into a problem
while trying to start multiple AS7 (standalone) instances and realized
that the port-offset on the socket binding group (obviously) has no
effect on these 2 ports.

Are we planning to change this to be backed by socket-binding
references? It's probably going to affect some management operation
(just write-attribute?) but atleast it will be consistent with the rest
of the port handling.

-Jaikiran