[jboss-as7-dev] Jndi lookup error in from a java client

Supun Malinga awsmalinga at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 03:15:31 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I'm a newbee to ejb area. So please bare with me if I sound really silly.

So I have a java client that is supposed to invoke an ejb3 which is
deployed under jboss AS6. (choose AS6 cos AS7 still don't have client
libraries!)
Intially I got some class not found errors and was able to solve it by
adding some client jars found in, "jboss-6.1.0.Final/client". After that
was solved now i'm getting the following exception,

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
org.wso2.appserver.samples.ejb.Hello not bound
..
[2011-11-03 12:10:58,254] ERROR
{org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver} -  Exception occurred
while trying to invoke service method null
..

* The code i'm using is,
InitialContext context = new InitialContext(properties));
context.lookup(beanJndiName);

property values:
<ProviderURL>jnp://localhost:1099</ProviderURL>
<JNDIContextClass>org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory</JNDIContextClass>

beanJndiName = "org.wso2.appserver.samples.ejb.Hello"
I have attached the sample ejb3.
Really appreciate your help.

thanks,
SupunM