[jboss-as7-dev] Printing project version number during AS start

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 04:53:46 EDT 2011

On Nov 2, 2011, at 23:40, David M. Lloyd wrote:

> I'd have to recommend against it.  I've used the injection plugin quite
> a lot and my verdict is, Javassist mangles the class file too much and
> screws up the debug information, and makes certain agents actually crash
> upon reading the file,

+1 especially jacoco which uses ASM which gets confused since the injection doesn't
update the debug pointers.

And if you got other methods in that class use of a normal debugger will be screwed too.

> I've switched to a new scheme in JBoss Modules and if it works out, I'll
> use the same scheme for my other projects as well (see that project's
> Main class static initializers).

You use the get info from manifest approach, right ?

but that works for you because you aren't running inside the appserver :)

/max