[jboss-as7-dev] Testsuite config for AS location gone wrong?

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 09:45:17 EST 2011

It looks like some recent commit in AS7 upstream in testsuite module
might have introduced an issue where the server logs get written to a
wrong location (and maybe even which AS instance the tests use). I was
in the testsuite/integration folder and ran the following:

mvn clean test -Dtest=org.jboss.as.test.integration.<sometestname>

Although the test was run, there was no log folder under
testsuite/integration/target/jbossas/standalone. It turns out that it
got written in testsuite/*smoke*/target/jbossas/standalone

I even suspect that the server being used to run the tests is from
testsuite/smoke/target/jbossas instead of
testsuite/integration/target/jbossas.

I haven't had the time to look into details as I'm heading out now.
Could someone please take a look at what went wrong? If not, I'll check
later tomorrow.

-Jaikiran