[jboss-as7-dev] issues with the management protocol

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 14:13:03 EST 2011

On 11/10/11 12:21 PM, Emanuel Muckenhuber wrote:

> I was investing some hangs with the domain Heiko was seeing using the
> console: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2535
>
> This turned out to be a problem how transactional requests with the
> proxy controllers are handled.
>
> Basically what happens is when a request is executed on a remote
> controller, the message handler blocks until the operation is 'done' and
> the preparedResult was sent back to the proxyStepHandler, which then
> either tells the remote controller to keep or rollback the changes.
>
> The issue with this is that the message handler is blocking using the
> remote endpoint thread pool, meaning that if you have enough mgmt
> requests they end up blocking the endpoint completely and none of those
> operations can complete.
>
> I just moved that into the client side (since this one is waiting
> anyway), which should solve the issue:
> https://github.com/emuckenhuber/jboss-as/commit/f5e2d6b80f9199e408641e6a079b47c2fee05ab3

This seems fine, assuming the testsuite passes.

Stylistically, IMO that new ExecuteRequest should be converted from an
anonymous inner class to a  regular inner class. The combo of creating
an anonymous inner class for the ProxyOperationControl param and
overriding a superclass method is a bit too much syntax for my tastes. :)