[jboss-as7-dev] Testsuite update

Ondřej Žižka ozizka at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 00:10:48 EST 2011

Update on the update :)

The concept of having sources in different dir than the module running
it may provoke some controversy.
Here's my brief explanation:

(05:54:13) stuartdouglas: Why is it good for running from the IDE?
(05:54:35) stuartdouglas: I would have though that having the source in
the wrong module would stop that from working althogether
(05:59:07) stuartdouglas: I really dislike having the sources in the
wrong module, it makes things considerably more complicated and
non-standard, and I don't really see the advantage of it
(06:00:22) OndrejZizka1: Which ide?
(06:00:34) OndrejZizka1: The idea is to run the integration module with
different profiles
(06:00:45) OndrejZizka1: That way it's transparent
(06:02:17) OndrejZizka1: In other words, running mvn install would still
run the smoke tests and results would be in surefire-reports,
(06:02:22) OndrejZizka1: + HTML report,
(06:02:33) OndrejZizka1: and mvn install -DallTests would run all,
(06:02:58) OndrejZizka1: and also going to testsuite/integration and
running mvn install -DallTests would work
(06:03:32) OndrejZizka1: The devs wouldn't touch submodules

Maven/IDE experts please correct me if my assumptions are wrong. I use
NetBeans which work fine with this concept.
But after all, the code can be separated, I am not strictly against nor
for.

Ondra