[jboss-as7-dev] Unresolved issues with lock down by default

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 12:16:32 EST 2011

>> I did demand a File API so I knew I could actually interact with a
>> local server no matter if it is running or not and from *any* tool
>> that already exist with or without management api available.
>
> I believe the words you used were "REST API". Normally I wouldn't say
> anything, but I'm a little tired of this repeated "dig".

Just to be clear - for me the management API was not about making it the
exclusive way to communicate to the server because it has obvious issues
when the server isn't running or doesn't have that API available or tools
doesn't have the capability to talk to the api.

I honestly wasn't trying to "dig" on this - I just want to point out that the File API
makes the impacts of this for user much less.

Just wanted to know what the status is for the tools that as far as I'm aware primarily the deployment API.

i.e. maven deploy plugin / arquillian especially and how it affects the quickstarts/examples.

Anyone knows the answer to those ?

>> Note, we will make this easy to use, but for the cases of server not
>> running during deployment (local setup, preparation of a server, you
>> don't want to have it running etc.) or the management API not being
>> available (OpenShift and others and just plain remote server which
>> only exposes SSH/SCP) there the File API is tremendously useful.
>>
>> And its much more universal.
>
> Yes we all know your opinion. Honestly I don't care whether you use it
> or not, but it's never going to do more than drop deployments in
> standalone mode.

Never asked for more and to be clear we *are* using the API but trying
to avoid it be a requirement to get started.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen