[jboss-as7-dev] Binding MDBs to resource adapters by configuration

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 09:09:33 EST 2011

Just a FYI - Right now, there's a way to configure the resource-adapter
used by the MDBs via the standalone.xml/domain.xml. But that then
applies to all MDBs deployed on that server. You can do it as follows:

<!-- Default MDB configurations -->
<mdb>
<resource-adapter-ref resource-adapter-name="ra-name-of-your-choice"/>

But like you say, there are plans to allow it to be specified at per MDB
or even a per deployment (applies to all MDBs in that deployment) via
the jboss-ejb3.xml. Carlo has been working on the jboss-ejb3.xml parts,
so he'll know if we already have some code to support this. If not, we
are welcome to contributions.

P.S: We are usually on #jboss-as7 irc.freenode.net IRC channel if you
want to have a chat about how to proceed on the implementation.

-Jaikiran