[jboss-as7-dev] 7.1.0. Beta Bug on CLI Authentication ?

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Wed Nov 23 07:17:59 EST 2011

On 11/23/2011 12:10 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> AFAIK the CLI checks if you are on localhost. In that case the authentication is not required.

That is correct, I am just writing an article to send round with the
details.

The CLI will have authenticated against the server but as you are local
to the server it will have used a silent authentication mechanism.

> @Wondering if that works for the console as well?

Unfortunately no the console has a different set of issues as the web
browser doesn't have access to the filesystem, I am considering if we
can start the console from a script to pass some form of token but at
the moment the console does retain the need for a username and password.