[jboss-as7-dev] 7.1.0. Beta Bug on CLI Authentication ?

Jim Tyrrell jtyrrell at redhat.com
Wed Nov 23 14:07:47 EST 2011

> We are also considering a first-time token generated and printed to the
> terminal/console log. Then the web page would ask that you cut and paste
> that value, verify it and allow you to create a user.

Jason,

Speaking as a parttime Weblogic user ie I have on my system from time to time to do things, a password that is "magic" to get into the console stinks.  Weblogic require 8-10 characters numbers, uppercase, and a non alphanumeric password.  Lets just say every time I startup weblogic I end up reinstalling it.  I know we have many requirements, but a password at install time, and then needing to be remembered is a huge usability issue, especially for desktop users.  I would love on boot for this password to show in the logs/console, since at desktop time, there is almost no need for this, so maybe a switch that turns it on or off might be available.

Just wanted to make sure you guys had some feedback from a disgruntled part time weblogic user, I am sure you have already thought a lot about this, but wanted my use case in the discussions.

Thank You
Jim Tyrrell
Principal Solutions Architect