[jboss-as7-dev] Workaround for those trying to use AS 7.1 with JBoss Tools (and general issue with as7.0/7.1beta incompatibility)

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Nov 24 14:25:00 EST 2011

Hi,

Shit happens when one do releases ;)

But I've already been asked multiple times today about why JBoss Tools does not work with AS 7.1 so
I've blogged about a known workaround for issue.

http://community.jboss.org/en/tools/blog/2011/11/24/jboss-as-71-beta1-with-jboss-tools--use-web-port-poller

For those seeing freezes in test runs (I saw tdiesler mention that on irc) then we also see that if we
use AS 7.1 Beta1 jars against a 7.0.x server. The client library just seem to get stuck - but that isn't
visible in JBoss Tools usage since here we use 7.0.x client libraries.

We've reported what we've found until now in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2772

Darran already located the cause of some of the issue(s) and we'll meetup tomorrow morning to discuss options/workarounds
for what JBoss Tools can do to support Beta1.

Once Thanksgiving is over we should look into how we can reduce the chances of similar problems occurring again, i.e.
need to add some basic client regression testing to the AS 7 testsuite before an AS release or something.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen