[jboss-as7-dev] (AS7-2796) -DskipTests argument no longer preventing the execution of tests on AS7 build

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Mon Nov 28 03:22:57 EST 2011

On Monday 28 November 2011 01:48 PM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

>> How about having two params for that, with -DskipTests for unit tests,
>> and, say, -DskipTestsuite for skipping the testsuite module's tests?
>>
> IMO, we shouldn't just be adding all these new flags which make it
> complicated to understand what set of flags to use and when. The actual
> question for this specific issue is what's the real usecase of skipping
> unit tests (which potentially can have failures) but still want to run
> the integration tests?
By the way, you could still achieve the goal of running the integration
testsuite and skipping the unit tests, by doing the following 2 steps:

1) From AS7 top level - mvn clean install -DskipTests

This will run the entire build and skip all tests including unit and
integration tests.

2) cd testsuite/integration - mvn clean install

This will run the integration tests

I really don't see a real need for adding another flag for this. But
yes, I might be missing some usecase.

-Jaikiran