[jboss-as7-dev] Testsuite excludes most tests

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Mon Nov 28 05:25:14 EST 2011

The use of multiple surefire executions per module is inherently
problematic AFAICS. Maven addresses the need to fail at the end by the
conveniently called -fae switch - it works across multiple modules.

I'd say a better approach would be to split the testsuite in sets of one
server configuration each. You'd have a single surefire
configuration/execution per module. Test sources can be reused between
modules via standard dependencies. Multiple modules can be executed
together using -pl. The full testrun can fail at the end with -fae

Ondřej, could you please check whether the multiple executions approach
is even valid. E2 must run even if you have failures in E1. Especially
if E2 contains the majority of tests.

cheers
-thomas