[jboss-as7-dev] Moving EJB3 code into the AS7 source tree

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 09:51:00 EDT 2011

On Thursday 01 September 2011 07:14 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> At first glance this test looks like a functional test, but it's so
> exhaustive that it acts like a stress test. It's ran against every
> timezone in the system, and in my system I have 608. It shouldn't be a
> big deal to modify this test to execute in a reasonable time frame (at
> least by default). During development I sometimes do one-off
> exhaustive tests like this, but it's not practical to put them in a
> test suite. For example, I tend to run anything that does bytecode
> analysis against every class file on my hard drive. There is, of
> course, nothing wrong with writing exhaustive tests that can be saved
> and executed manually. Maybe we should have a special testsuite module
> for this?
>
> [NOTE: I would support splitting off generic time math into a separate
> library. It's something that could be useful to other projects, and
> it's one of those things that once you get it right, you shouldn't
> need to update it much]
Just a FYI - I've a JIRA for making that test more reasonable in terms
of the time it takes to run https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1690. My
plan was to let it run against the default timezone in every run (takes
a few milli seconds) and configure it to run against all timezones in a
specific maven profile. But like Carlo says, running and maintaining
that profile separately is a task in itself.

As for moving it to a separate library, it was indeed a separate library
in the timerservice project that we merged recently into AS codebase. I
think it probably makes sense to leave this library out of AS code base
and let it be independent library.

-Jaikiran