[jboss-as7-dev] A simple timed cache?

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 10:28:52 EDT 2011

On 09/06/2011 08:38 AM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

>> >  Infinispan's LIRS is not easy to extract out, you'll have to make
>> >  significant changes
> Last I looked it was a small handful of classes. Not a big deal. I think
> Jesper used it in ironjacamar. The security subsytem directly linked
> against it. That' something I have been meaning to open a JIRA on, since
> this is technically not a public API it's likely better to copy.

For the Auth Cache in the Security subsystem, we have 2 use cases:
a) Timed Cache.
b) Timed Cache with cluster distribution.

The former is default usage while the latter is something the user
configures.

For the cluster aware cache, we brought in direct dependence on
Infinispan cache.

Jason, we support your insistence on  a smaller infinispan dependence.