[jboss-as7-dev] Critical EJB TCK Related Tasks

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 13:26:26 EDT 2011

The following is my perception of the big tasks we have yet to complete
for ejb full, and who is working on which ones. Please reply with your
thoughts and if you plan to take ownership of any of them. Afterwords I
will translate all of this to JIRA (some of it already exists).

I. Descriptor Parsing and Merging *OPEN*
    1. Resurect jboss.xml [maybe call it jboss-ejb.xml] (The TCK needs
       this since we can't modify spec descriptors to use the new
       equivalent EE6 features (lookupName)
    2. App client parsing and merging
II.  App client bootstrap          *OPEN*
    1. Modular launch similar to embedded ejb
       java -jar jboss-modules.jar -mp ... org.jboss.as.appclient \
          my-client.jar
    2. Client injection (covers statics)
    3. Use of local resources (datasource
III. Remoting Invocation          *DAVID*
      1. Client proxies
      2. Remote protocol
      3. Direct access API
      4. IN-VM @Remote
IV.  EJB 2 Views                  *STUART* *Completed, not yet merged*
      2. Start of entities / BMP
V.   IIOP Invocation              *OPEN*
      1. COS name reservation
      2. Mapping interceptors
      3. RMI proxies (blocks on III)
VI.  CMP                           *JOHN*
      1. Porting old EJB-QL engine
      2. Porting entity interceptors
      3. Descriptor work

--