[jboss-as7-dev] AS7 -b 0.0.0.0

Jim Tyrrell jtyrrell at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 09:50:16 EDT 2011

Form the core, If I can add something to this discussion or ask a question?

I agree with adding -b to 7.0.2, good catch and fix, and IMHO there are a whole host of options that "used" to be there, that need to just work for making peoples lives easier.

From my clustering labs I have used a command line like this:
./run.sh -c node1 -g A -u 224.0.0.0 -m 1110 -b 192.168.200.2 -Djboss.Domain=A -Djboss.jvmRoute="node2" -Djboss.messaging.ServerPeerID:0=2

Something like this: -Djboss.messaging.ServerPeerID:0=2 is a "macro" that replaces values in the config file, does a feature that like work today?

Potentially I would hope all of those options could be considered for migration, I am not smart enough to know all of the possibilities, but guessing we had a whole lot more.
How do we identify them?
How do we figure out if they should be in the future release/

I would also hope things like this get into a migration guide, although it sounds like they are getting closer.

Jim Tyrrell
Principal JBoss Solutions Architect

Did you see RHT on Cramer?
http://www.cnbc.com/id/39401056