[jboss-as7-dev] Remoting issues

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 16:41:49 EDT 2011

Real quick reply:

1) IMO only having a single remoting socket for both management and
other uses is A Real Good Thing™. But if there are situations that
prevent that, I don't think it's terrible.

2) We need to continue to support AS 7.0-style configs. That to me means
for cases where that style config is used, we create a separate endpoint.

3) For a domain mode server, we can't force people to add a remoting
subsystem in their domain.xml profile. We talked about having the
HostController generate one, but that will result in the server having a
profile that does not match what was configured in domain.xml --
suddenly a bonus subsystem appears. That is no good.

4) For a domain mode server if the HostController is going to configure
the server to set up a native management interface that points to the
remoting subsystem in the profile, it needs to be told how to do so. One
solution, is, in domain.xml:

<server-group name="main-server-group" profile="default">
   <native-management remoting-connector="management"/>
</server-group>

In summary, I think reusing the remoting subsystem endpoint is great and
we should have our standard configs set up that way but there are cases
where things aren't going to be configured that way.