[jboss-as7-dev] security metadata

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 10:02:36 EDT 2011

I want to talk about where app-developers want to security metadata,
how, and what the format is.

I've already discussed a bit of the types of information that needs to
be stored:

- username/password
- keypairs
- JPG images
- TOTP keys
- nonces
- Tokens

Where do people stored this information?

- 3rd Party IDP
- 3rd party directory services (LDAP, ActiveDirectory)
- config files within an app-deployment (WAR, EAR)
- config files outside an app-deployment
- a database

What does the metadata look like?

- JBoss defined schemas
- Extenerally defined schemas (SAML, XACML, custom)

How do they manage this metadata? Do our larger customers want to use
non-JBoss identity management solutions?  Would they use something we
provided?

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat