[jboss-as7-dev] Validation of XML Parsers / Schemas

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Tue Sep 27 12:42:25 EDT 2011

The topic of how to validate the XML parsers or the schemas crops up
every now and again.

I have been having a couple of ideas of how we could at some point look
into this: -

http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-17243

The proposed idea actually covers two parts: -
   - A wrapper around the existing API that allows the parsers to just
request the elements / attributes they require and leave the wrapper to
handle all the error handling we currently have distributed across the
parsers.

  - This then allows us during testing to validate that the calls match
the structure defined in the schema.

I may try prototyping something other the weekend but thought I would
put this out there and see if anyone has any thoughts / comments.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.