[jboss-as7-dev] Validation of XML Parsers / Schemas

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Tue Sep 27 15:05:17 EDT 2011

Yes, at the moment the way I am thinking about this nothing would be
*required* to change - the ValidatingXmlReader would just be wrapping
the XMLExtendedStreamReader and the underlying calls to the
XMLExtendedStreamReader would remain the same so everything can continue
using the XMLExtendedStreamReader until ready.

I think I would probably actually recommend not pro-actively making a
switch but instead for subsystems / domain parsers to switch at the time
the schema version is bumped.

To begin with if we wanted to to try something out we could even
maintain the exact registration / calls we have today and just
instantiate the ValidatingXmlReader on the first line of a readElement
call to wrap the passed in reader. e.g. As a first step it could be
introduced for host.xml reading alone.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.