[jboss-as7-dev] Exposing OSGi runtime bundle management through the Detyped API

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Thu Sep 29 08:28:04 EDT 2011

|I'd prefer an operation 'list-bundles' with every bundle being an
addressable resource. The attributes you mention are fine for a start,
however please have a look at BUNDLE_TYPE
<http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r4v42/org/osgi/jmx/framework/BundleStateMBean.html#BUNDLE_TYPE>
and check whether you want to support one or the other as well. The list
of supported attributes can always be expanded.

Strictly speaking the start-level is not a property of the framework,
but of the StartLevel service. It'd be better to model that service as
an addressable resource. In future there will probably be more services

/subsystem=osgi/service=startlevel:write-attribute(name=startlevel,value=5)

For consistency the bundle operations should be called start/stop |

||/subsystem=osgi/bundle=1:start
||/subsystem=osgi/bundle=1:stop

Are you planning to support start options?

Glad you considered domain mode ;-)

cheers
-thomas
On 09/28/2011 05:57 PM, David Bosschaert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm planning to add some runtime management via the Detyped API to the
> OSGi subsystem. After getting some staring point input from Brian and
> Thomas I wrote a page on how an initial implementation could look like.
>
> Any feedback appreciated:
> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/OSGiRuntimeManagementUsingDetypedAPI
>
> Cheers,
>
> David