[jboss-as7-dev] Exposing OSGi runtime bundle management through the Detyped API

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 10:44:57 EDT 2011

On 9/29/11 7:48 AM, David Bosschaert wrote:
> On 29/09/2011 13:28, Thomas Diesler wrote:

<snip/>

>> |For consistency the bundle operations should be called start/stop |

> The reason why I suggested start-bundle and stop-bundle is that start
> and stop are highly generic and I was worried that in the future there
> might be global operations called start and stop. Hence I added the
> -bundle suffix.

I don't foresee a truly global start/stop operation; i.e. one that is
handled centrally and automatically applied to every resource. I don't
even expect one like the current "add" and "remove", which should apply
to nearly every resource but are independently implemented by every
resource. Operations to "start" and "stop" the resource may become
common, but not as ubiquitous as add/remove.

Even if "start" and "stop" became a common pattern like "add" "remove"
it sounds like these operations have the common semantic? So I don't see
any conflict calling them "start" "stop".