[jboss-as7-dev] Windows build/testsuite script - .js instead of .bat ? // Re: build.sh - #!/bin/sh

Ondřej Žižka ozizka at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 18:58:38 EDT 2011

We traditionally use .bat. But everyone who ever tried coding it knows
that it's really PIT*.
Since Windows 98, there's a Windows Scripting Host installed by default
which allows scripting in various languages, with JScript and VBScript
bundled with the OS.
Coding JScript is a pleasure compared to .bat.

I've created a .js which basically does the same as AS 7's current .bat.
If it worked well, is there any reason not to use it instead?

Ondra