[jboss-as7-dev] update messaging subsystem config to 1.2

Jeff Mesnil jmesnil at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 04:29:22 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am working on a JIRA issue to add missing configuration parameters to
messaging resources[1]

I did a quick patch to unblock the performance teams but I am revisiting
it to fix it properly[2].

As I am changing the XSD schema, I need to bump up its version.
My changes are small (I'm just adding elements) but I wonder what the
policy to manage schema changes is.

* should I be able to read any previous configuration version? or only
the last 2?
* if I am reading an old configuration version, should I persist it at
the same old version or the latest version?

I looked at ejb3 subsystem to see how configuration schemas are handled.
Is it a good candidate to copy?

thanks,
jeff

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4330