[jboss-as7-dev] ClientLoginModule

Stefan Guilhen sguilhen at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 11:49:42 EDT 2012

On 04/04/2012 03:58 AM, Jan Lanik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few questions concerning the client login module.
>
> 1) Java doc says "This simply sets
>   the SecurityContext principal to the value of the NameCallback"
>
> How can I get to the "SecurityContext principal"?

ClientLoginModule is used to setup the client-side security context.
This context is later used by a client-side security interceptor that
retrieves the security info and sends it along with the invocation. See
org.jboss.security.SecurityAssociationActions - this class provides
utility methods to retrieve the contents of the security context.

> 2) Is this supposed to be used in container or from servlet or even from remote application?
> Is there some usage example?

AFAIK this can be used anywhere.

Found an usage example here:
https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/testsuite/shared/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/test/shared/integration/ejb/security/Util.java