[jboss-as7-dev] Overriding Deployment Descriptors

Chris Kriel krielec at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 04:52:35 EDT 2012

Are you sure that this truly reflects what most users want? Are you not just
adding a lot of complexity to cater for the whim of a small group of users?
>From what I can gather from this thread, the motivation for these overrides
are rather thin. It is based on some users having a "policy" to not
break-open deployment artefacts. How overriding is better or safer that
"breaking open" escapes me at the moment.

Very much part of the EJB specification is the definition of roles and
responsibilities. As you know, it describes a definite role for composing
(and by implication "breaking-open" to recompose) artefacts. If your
configuration is too dynamic for this approach then it is a matter of
application design to pick this up from elsewhere (DB or properties file).