[jboss-as7-dev] JAX-RS test fails if AS not running; Do we want it that way?

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 09:37:01 EDT 2012

It's already in a profile, specifying -P-complex-dependencies will exclude it. See the contributor guide for more http://www.jboss.org/jdf/about/contributing/

> Or maybe, based on -Das.dir=..., the module would launch that AS using Arquillian, deploy, test, undeploy, stop.
> I haven't checked the test itself but I guess it's possible.

The issue is that another quickstart in another directory needs to be deployed first. Actually, what would work is using the exec plugin to call out and deploy/undeploy the other quickstart around this ones test phase. This would be quite brittle but would work.

> The few people who test the QS will know about the option;
> and the rest of the world will not need to take care of running AS and deploying.

Right, this is why I went with the profile option.