[jboss-as7-dev] NPE in POST_MODULE processors

David Bosschaert david at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 05:31:40 EDT 2012

On 15/08/2012 10:20, Stuart Douglas wrote:
> Do we have any usage data on how many of our users actually use OSGI?
> The more I think about it the more I think it makes sense to leave it
> out of the default profile.

JBoss hasn't traditionally been an OSGi shop as OSGi support has only
been added recently, so I don't think we will have many OSGi users in
production right now.

OSGi is an area that can attract new users to JBoss and I am starting to
see interest from a number of users who are migrating their OSGi
deployments to JBoss. People like the fact that with JBoss you'll have
an opensource Application Service and OSGi Framework in one.

I think removing OSGi from the default configuration would not be the
right thing to do at this point in time.

David