[jboss-as7-dev] problems with deployment overlays and linking

Stuart Douglas stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 19:03:56 EDT 2012

So what are we going to do here? Personally I much prefer the idea of having this stored in the model and linking it to a deployment, so the overlay lifecycle is not tied to that of the deployment.

Another idea I had is that we could do something like define the overlays at domain level, but then define the links at server group or server level using the same name. basically something like:

/deployment-overlay=myOverlay/content=WEB-INF/web.xml
/deployment-overlay=myOverlay/content=WEB-INF/ejb-jar.xml

/server-group=server-group1/deployment-overlay=myOverlay/deployment=test.war
/server-group=server-group1/deployment-overlay=myOverlay/deployment=*.war

For standalone they would just be combined, similar to what I had below:

/deployment-overlay=myOverlay/content=WEB-INF/web.xml
/deployment-overlay=myOverlay/content=WEB-INF/ejb-jar.xml
/deployment-overlay=myOverlay/deployment=test.war
/deployment-overlay=myOverlay/deployment=*.war

Stuart