[jboss-as7-dev] AS7 test suite on slow machines

Aleksandar Kostadinov akostadi at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 16:52:30 EDT 2012

Hello,

as part of my assignments I have to run JBoss AS7 test suite in
different conditions, sometimes on not as powerful machines as one would
hope. There are some tests that fail due to bad timings. This is a
problem certifying products based on AS7 in different environments.

What I am offering is to help setting up JBoss AS 7 test suite on a
slower machine like an amazon EC2 small instance or use some other
technique (e.g. cgroups) to limit the memory and CPU time available to
the test suite in a way to simulate an amazon EC2 small instance. That
would allow for the AS7 team to receive timely notifications for tests
that are prone to timing issues.

What do you think about such idea? Do you have already CI on slower
machines? Do you have a jenkins instance to be used for the task or need
to setup a separate instance? If a new instance is to be used, is it
necessary to be public visible?

Regards,
Aleksandar