[jboss-as7-dev] AS 7 as a service to local users

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 07:38:00 EST 2012

A cheap intermediate way would be to allow any user to boot up a
configuration.

As an experiment I installed AS into /tmp/jboss-as as root and tried
booting up (a non-existing) ovirt configuration as a regular user.

$ ./standalone.sh -Djboss.server.base.dir=/tmp/ovirt/standalone
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/jboss-as/standalone/log/boot.log
(Permission denied)

Plus the wrong logging.properties get applied.

I think it might be a valid alternative until we get true multi-tenancy,
but it would require some patching.

Carlo