[jboss-as7-dev] Changed arguments…can we do better ? :P

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 11:13:54 EST 2012

>> That may not be of any help to you if you are starting the AS by
>> other means but surely you can provide equivalent configuration
>> options and an API to configure them. In which case just be sure to
>> include this in your default config. It may not be so important to
>> your usrs but I suspect that is not the case.
>
> of course I can provide equal options but the day more options gets
> added this needs to updated too.
>
> Which is why I ask to actually get one file and file format (which
> doesn't assume existence of bash or windows command bat engine) that
> rule's most of them.

I am very much in favor of a shared file for win and linux. I just don't
have any bandwidth to do it for 7.1.0 (1.1 maybe). Such a solution would
require that JBoss Tools parse the file since we have a chicken/egg
problem with VM launching on standalone, and we don't want to have a JVM
launching a JVM in a standalone setup (adds too much time to boot). It
might also require that we write a native launcher on windows.

Although keep in mind that none of those JVM parameters are absolutely
necessary. We got rid of logmodule, which was the only required one.
There is a couple of settings for bootstrap logging, but the system will
still work without it.

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect