[jboss-as7-dev] Scripts in bin/

Sarah Gerweck sarah.a180 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 16:01:39 EST 2012

It's kind of hard to argue that users should have to add two directories to
their PATH, unless you can really make a differentiation between
administrative functions and a user-mode set of functions.

E.g., you might have a JBoss lite directory that just has the basics like
start, stop, maybe deploy for the typical developer who just wants to start
up a container and run a war/ear, and then another directory that is more
targeted at JBoss administrators. There is something positive to be said
about not polluting my PATH if I'm running on my laptop and all I really
want is start, stop, deploy & undeploy. (In that kind of scenario, I'd
rather have a quick way to set up an unsecured interface on localhost than
mess around with stuff like add-user.sh, which is overkill for development.)

Just my opinion as a user,
Sarah Gerweck