[jboss-as7-dev] Testsuite simplification - 2nd try to get it merged

Ondřej Žižka ozizka at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 18:50:41 EST 2012

Hi,

due to 7.1.0 release, the testsuite facelifting merge was postponed.
I'm almost in sync with upstream/master again.
I'd like to get this merged right after the release.

I'd be grateful if someone found few minutes to peek at the changes
(just by sight at the diffs)
https://github.com/OndraZizka/jboss-as/tree/TS-refactor
so I can explain what's going on and prevent misunderstanding.

In a nutshell:
* The changes are not significant - no structure changes.
* What has changed is only the way to build the AS instances, plus few
cosmetic changes.
* The "API" of the testsuite will remain the same.
* The way to write new tests will remain the same.
* The way to add new modules and change AS instances and their config
will be simpler.

Thanks,
Ondra