[jboss-as7-dev] [seam-dev] help needed with responding to reported classloader leaks in (Rest, Rest WS, JPA, EJB3 activation/passivation, other)...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 20:07:49 EST 2012

I agree that if the user doesn't bundle their own rest east jars, that
would probably work around the issue.

I haven't seen any standalone tests that recreate the leak yet but it
looks likely that the application copy of ResteasyBootstrap.java
(http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/seam/branches/community/Seam_2_2/src/resteasy/org/jboss/seam/resteasy/ResteasyBootstrap.java)
would call the API
ResteasyProviderFactory.setInstance(ResteasyProviderFactory factory)
which would save the static reference that doesn't get cleared.  Worse
than that, I think the setInstance call would blow away any other
ResteasyProviderFactory instance that is already set.

Which backs up the assertion that rest easy jars shouldn't be bundled
with a user app currently.  ResteasyBootstrap should probably clear the
instance at shutdown time but that wouldn't change the API static issue.