[jboss-as7-dev] Migration from WebLogic and WebSphere to JBoss EAP6/AS7

Stephen Coy steve.coy at me.com
Sun Feb 26 19:46:38 EST 2012

I've done a few of these for both WebLogic and WebSphere.

It can be a can of worms (because that's how a lot of applications seem to be written) and so there is only a very loose process that one can follow.

Counter-intuitively, a lot of the porting work happens on the source platform, where we fix things like:

moving to spec compliant class loading model
making all JNDI references use proper ENC names instead of global names

All bets are off if the application uses CMP.

Steve C