[jboss-as7-dev] Detecting deployment location errors for xml files using a JEE schema

Paul Robinson paul.robinson at redhat.com
Wed Feb 29 07:21:08 EST 2012

On 24/02/12 16:01, Scott Marlow wrote:
> At some point, I'd like to see an optional monitor that could collect
> details about what occurs in each JTA transaction and report on it.  The
> purpose being to reduce the time it takes to understand what happened in
> a transaction that didn't complete successfully or to find out how long
> each step took. Also, being able to see what happens inside of each
> transaction.  We would need a cross project SPI for this that could be
> used by JCA/JPA/TM (and some AS.futureVersion).
I'm not sure this is related to this issue. However, this is something
I've thought would be handy for many years. I was thinking about a tool
that would visualise a transaction, showing what boundaries it crossed
and what resources where enlisted within each boundary. You could also
see participant votes in 2PC and any other reason why a rollback occured
(presumed abort, for example). Also, we now have bridging between
different transaction types (currently WS-AT to JTA and visa versa, but
more to come). It could be useful to visualize the transaction types and
where bridging occurs.

Is this the type of thing you where thinking about?

I originally offered a simplification of this as an internship project.
I'll see if I can dig out the spec.

Paul.